Sometimes a hospital admission can result in difficult decisions and drastic lifestyle changes at the time of discharge. These troubled moments occur around times of medical uncertainties when decisions can become too hard to handle alone. The mission of our Social Services department is to help patients and their family’s transition through these difficult times, while providing the most comforting support.
The Social Services department provides assistance in the following areas:
- Adjusting to illness
- Nursing home and continuing care placement
- Providing information by phone after a patient has been discharged
- Assisted/supportive living referrals
- Advance Care Planning, including Advance Directives for patients (living will and power of attorney)
- Emergency room visits
- Arranging home care services and durable medical equipment
- Helping facilitate health care surrogate forms
- Providing free medication information
- Arranging pre-screening for level of care needed
- Coordinating hospital to hospital transfers
- Arranging transportation at discharge
Pastoral Care Services
Our Social Services caregiver teams work closely with our team to provide patients and families with a well-rounded view, specialized resources and guidance for any issues they may be dealing with during their hospital stay.
Hours & Contacts
Our normal business hours are from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. To reach a chaplain during non-business hours, please call the hospital switch board at (815) 226-2000.
For more information about our Social Services department, please give us a call at (815) 395-5210.