Visiting a Patient
Visiting Guidelines & Hours
The comfort and safety of our patients is our top priority. When visiting a patient, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- If the patient is in a semi-private room, please limit visitors to two per patient in consideration of the other patient in the room and space constraints
- A family member should be designated, if possible, to give condition updates to those family members not present
- An adult must accompany all children younger than 12. Nursing permission is needed for exceptions (i.e. such as infants).
|Department||Visiting Hours Policy|
|General Floors||11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.|
General Visiting Hours: 11 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. Fathers, siblings 12 and older and grandparents may visit at any time.
Labor and Delivery: All-hours visiting policy. Two people are allowed in the room with the support person.
Postpartum: 11 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. One person may spend the night if he or she is 18 or older.
|Critical Care Center/Neuro Trauma Intensive Care Unit||8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Quiet time is enforced from 1-3 p.m.|
|Oncology (4 West)||Visiting hours are not enforced.|
Parents/Guardians: All-hours visiting policy. One parent may spend the night.
All Other Visitors: 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
|Surgical Unit (3 South)||
11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Quiet time is enforced from 1-3 p.m.
|Telemetry (3 East)||
General Visiting Hours: 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Family members may visit earlier than the start of visiting hours to communicate with the physician.
Patients must be in a private room if their family wishes to stay with them. Quiet time is enforced on an individual basis.
As of November 16, 2006, smoking is prohibited in all areas of the OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center campus, including parking lots.
Community Health Resource Center
The Community Health Resource Center is located on the first floor of the medical center off of the main waiting area. The facility is available to patients, family members and area residents from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Community Health Resource Center offers:
- Two computer workstations with free Internet access
- Brochures and printed materials on various health care topics
- Video and DVD capabilities for viewing health topics
A volunteer or staff member may be available to assist patrons with accessing materials. Inpatient guests should obtain their physician’s permission to visit the Community Health Resource Center.