We are honored you are choosing the Family Birthplace at OSF HealthCare Sacred Heart Medical Center to start your family off on the right foot.
It's never too early to start making the best choices for your children. From good prenatal nutrition to attending childbirth classes and choosing the best obstetrician and hospital - these choices can start your family off on the right foot.
The Family Birthplace at OSF Sacred Heart encourages bonding throughout the birthing experience to help make this a very special and memorable time for the entire family.
Our highly-trained and experienced professionals provide you and your baby with personalized, loving care.
Our Family Birthplace
We love caring for moms, babies and families. We are organized to best meet the many needs and stages throughout your journey of ... pregnancy, delivery, recovery and caring for your newborn.
There are many benefits to choosing OSF Sacred Heart
- Labor/delivery/recovery suites (LDR): Our LDR suites provide a luxurious, comfortable and private environment. The suites include:
- Advanced medical technology, including a central fetal monitoring system and a portable ultrasound at the bedside
- Custom cabinetry with built-in infant care and entertainment centers
- Whirlpool tubs or showers with seats and pull-down massaging shower heads
- Rocking chairs
- Comfortable sleep chairs for the father-to-be
- C-section suites: Two fully-equipped surgical suites are available in the case of a cesarean birth.
- Postpartum care: Our comfortable postpartum rooms have home-like decor, with TVs, telephones, rocking chairs and comfortable recliners. Each room has its own private bathroom and shower.
- Parent-infant bonding: We encourage you to spend as much time with your baby as you desire. Fathers may visit anytime and stay overnight.
- Postpartum support: After your delivery, your nurses will teach you how to care for your baby and our certified lactation staff will help with breastfeeding support. Many patient and infant care programs are available by video on the hospital's TV system, accessible 24/7.
- Level II Special Care Nursery: If your baby needs more intensive care, we're ready with Level II plus special care nursery services where infants are cared for by specially trained nurses who closely monitor and observe them 24/7. Parents are always welcome to visit and encouraged to touch and hold their baby.
- Safety and security: An electronic security system ensures that all new babies are safe during their hospital stay. Our electronic infant security system uses the latest technology and allows for continuous monitoring of the infant. Our unit is locked and visitors are required to identify themselves for permission to enter and exit the unit.
Schedule a Tour
Expectant parents are welcome to come in and get to know our staff and facility.
To arrange a tour of the Family Birthplace, call (217) 443-5211.
We partner with Mom365.com to offer our online nursery. Parents who choose to participate can have their newborn's photo featured in our online nursery.