Pregnancy and birth - Danville
At the Family Birthplace at OSF HealthCare Sacred Heart Medical Center, we believe it’s never too early to start making the best choices for your family. Our compassionate staff love caring for moms, babies and families.
Support from Your Care Team
Our highly trained, experienced professionals provide you and your baby with personalized, loving care throughout pregnancy, delivery, recovery and caring for your newborn. We offer:
- Level II intermediate care nursery, where infants are cared for by specially trained nurses who closely monitor and observe baby 24/7
- In-house neonatology services for babies who need more intensive care
- Maternal-fetal services for high-risk pregnancies and deliveries, including low-weight and premature births 32 weeks and above
- GE Panda baby warmers, with built-in resuscitation capabilities for high-risk babies as well as the ability to monitor the baby’s oxygen levels and heart rate without additional equipment
- Giraffe OmniBeds, the most advanced and developmentally supportive microenvironment for critically ill infants, with full-featured incubator and radiant warmer to eliminate the stress of moving infants from bed to bed
Welcoming a new baby should be a special and memorable time for the entire family. Our expert clinicians and support staff will ensure mom, baby and family have plenty of time to bond throughout the birthing experience. We offer:
- Comfortable and private suites for moms to labor, deliver and recover in, including advanced medical technology with mobile fetal monitoring system and a portable ultrasound at the bedside
- Whirlpool tubs or showers with seats and pull-down massaging shower heads
- Rocking chairs or comfortable sleep chairs for your support person
- Two fully-equipped C-section surgical suites
- Comfortable postpartum rooms with TVs, telephones, rocking chairs and comfortable recliners and Wi-Fi. Each room has its own private bathroom and shower.
- Parent-infant bonding, so families can spend as much time with baby as they desire, including providing in-room care with mom as much as possible and allowing support persons to visit anytime and stay overnight
- Postpartum support, with a trained nursing staff to teach you how to care for your baby and support your breastfeeding needs
- A locked unit with an electronic security system using the latest technology to continually monitor infants, ensuring all new babies are safe during their hospital stay
To save time on your big day, you can pre-register ahead of time by calling (855) 875-9823.
Schedule a Tour
Families are welcome to come in and get to know our staff and facility. To arrange a tour of the Family Birthplace, call (217) 443-5214.
OSF Sacred Heart Medical Center
812 N. Logan Avenue
Danville, Illinois 61832
Phone: (217) 443-5214
Map & Directions