Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
The First Responder program provides education per the National Standard Curriculum to provide students with a core knowledge, skills and attitude to function within the capacity of a licensed first responder. The first responder training is a 52-hour long course that provides training to use a limited amount of equipment to perform an initial assessment, and interventions to assist other EMS providers.
- Complete Education Course Application with all specific course requirements as indicated on the course application.
- Appropriate course fee paid prior to start date of class.
- Must be 18 years of age by the final course examination date.
OSF Northern Region EMS offers Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) classes throughout the year at various locations.
EMR Course for Summer 2022
- The EMR Course for Summer 2022 will be held May 3, 2022 through June 14, 2022 at the Prophetstown Fire Department, 104 West 2nd Street, Prophetstown, IL.
- Course dates are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 to 10:00 pm and Saturdays from 8:00am to 12:00 pm.
- Applications are due by 5:00 pm April, 2022.
- For applications or further information, please contact Lisa Kirane at (815) 395-4901 or via email Lisa.R.Kirane@osfhealthcare.org
When requesting course information, please include first and last name, email and phone number.
Students who meet all requirements and are 16-17 years old may obtain a Provisional EMR status. The Provisional EMR will be transitioned to a licensed EMR at their 18th birthday.