The Industrial Medicine Program at OSF Rehabilitation is designed to be a bridge between the hospital and the workplace.
The program helps restore patients' emotional and physical health after an injury or leave of absence and return them back to the role of an employee as soon as safely possible.
Our experienced staff work with patients to simulate work activities and provide reconditioning through the use of state-of-the-art isotonic back and extremity technology.
Business owners need to know their staff is capable of doing the work, and OSF Rehabilitation offers functional job analyses (FJA), functional capacity evaluations (FCE), ergonomic evaluations and consultations, education programs, and acute physical therapy.
Benefits of Industrial Medicine
The Worker Benefits by:
- Building strength and endurance
- Returning to earning capacity
- Restoring confidence
- Education to reduce risk of re-injury
The Employer Benefits by:
- Returning employee to gainful activity
- Reducing re-injury rate
- Lowering workers' compensation costs
- Reducing hiring and training expenditures by maintaining skills of experienced employees
- Coordinating worker's return to work
The Insurance Carrier Benefits by:
- Facilitating return to work
- Lowering cost of disability
- Providing objective assessment of physical capabilities
- Determining worker's assets and limitations
What Does Industrial Medicine Involve?
From our Return-to-Work programs to ergonomics and cost reduction technologies, OSF Rehabilitation provides a variety of industrial medicine and rehabilitation therapy programs.
Preparing for Your Therapy
You will need a physician’s referral to set up an initial evaluation appointment.
What to Bring
Please bring your insurance card and a photo ID. Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
When to Arrive
Arrive about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit to complete your registration process.
For chidlren under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must be present for the initial appointment.
What to Expect
The first visit will take a little longer, approximately 45 minutes to an hour. This provides the therapist time to talk with you and gather information and measurements.
The therapist may give you a home exercise program to help get you started on your road to recovery.