Our audiology division cares for children with various degrees of hearing loss. All our audiologists have completed the highest level of academic and clinical training in their field and are certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Our main office is open 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at 200 E. Pennsylvania Avenue.
- For infants from birth to 6 months, we offer hearing screenings
- For inner ear functions: otoacoustic emissions (OAE) testing
- For middle ear functions and eardrum mobility: immittance testing
- For behavioral audiometry: visual reinforcement audiometry (VRA), conditioned play audiometry (CPA), conventional audiometry, and speech perception testing.
- For children who cannot be tested behaviorally, we offer electrophysiologic testing, including auditory brainstem response (ABR) and auditory steady state response (ASSR) testing.
Our team educates families about hearing loss to help parents make informed decisions about hearing aids, cochlear implants, and other options.
We also follow up with our patients to help them adjust to hearing aids, and we offer other assistive listening devices and custom-made ear products.
For children who are candidates for cochlear implants, we provide a pre-implant hearing aid trial and post-implant processor programming. We also measure our patients' progress in auditory skills after they receive implants.
Financial assistance is available through the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, Division of Specialized Care for Children, Hear Now, and Sisters' Charity Care .