Pediatric Ground Transport Team of OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois
The pediatric critical care-trained ground transport team at OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois provides 24/7 care to ensure critically-ill pediatric patients receive specialized care and support, reducing the risk of complications while being transported.
Providing the Care You Need When it Matters Most
Our certified and experienced team is composed of respiratory therapists and registered nurses with specialized training in pediatric critical care and emergency management.
Their expertise and training enable them to address the unique needs and challenges that pediatric patients may face during transport.
The team is skilled and equipped to provide a broad range of critical care capabilities such as invasive monitoring and mechanical ventilation, hemodynamic support and more.
During the transport, the team is guided by and is in constant contact with in-house, board-certified critical care pediatric intensivists.
Who to Refer
Pediatric patients who are critically ill and require intensive or intermediate level of care.
How to Refer
- Call 800-252-5433 or 309-655-2811
- OSF facilities may use REFADT21
- Required Information
- Patient’s name, birthdate, medical record number (if transfer is within OSF)
- Ground or air (air transport provided by OSF Life Flight)
- Destination unit: intensive care or intermediate care
OSF Children’s Hospital of Illinois Program Distinctions:
- The only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center outside of Chicago
- Designated Pediatric Critical Care by Illinois Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC)
- ELSO Center for Excellence for the use of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- The third largest pediatric hospital in Illinois and the only full-service tertiary hospital for kids downstate
- With 136 beds and more than 140 pediatric subspecialists, OSF Children’s Hospital cares for more children in Illinois than any hospital outside of Chicago