Our Exercise Physiologist will work closely with the oncology provider and physical therapy to provide physical assessments and interventions to help strengthen and recover the patient from the toxic effects of their treatment as a part of our Heller Center and Hits for the Cure Healthy Living Program.
The part-time exercise physiologist will:
- Analyze physical condition and develops regimens to help improve strength, flexibility, endurance, balance, and strength, fine and gross motor function, body composition, and overall health.
- Help build healthy habits for a lifetime that improve quality of life, long-term survivorship, and reduce the risk of both depression and secondary cancers as an adult.
- Will serve the TOT (Transition off Therapy), THRIVE long-term follow-up and AYA (Adolescent and Young Adult) programs, as well as our entire oncology/hematology population.
- Participate in research and quality improvement projects
- Serve as a part of the Hits for the Cure Healthy Living program