Pediatric & Congenital Heart Surgery
Our Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery program is the only program outside of Chicago, Illinois providing a full spectrum of cardiothoracic surgical procedures for neonates, infants, children and adults with congenital heart disease. This includes expertise with the Norwood procedure for hypoplastic left heart syndrome. With our innovative technologies and clinical expertise, we perform early, complete surgical repair of most congenital heart defects in neonates and infants.
Our surgical program has a long history of excellent outcomes over several decades, performing over 7,000 surgical procedures.
The overarching philosophy driving this success is integration of a dedicated, highly specialized team of medical professionals that includes:
- Pediatric and congenital cardiac surgeons
- Pediatric and congenital cardiologists
- Pediatric cardiac intensivists
- Pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists
- Pediatric cardiac nurses
- Pediatric cardiac perfusionists
- Specialized physician assistants
- Advanced practice providers