The electrophysiology team manages all types of heart rhythm disorders in children and adults with congenital heart disease, in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The team consists of two experienced pediatric electrophysiologists trained to treat every type of pediatric and congenital arrhythmia.
Working in collaboration with a dedicated team of medical professionals and with access to two electrophysiology laboratories, our experienced electrophysiologists offer curative procedures for fast heart rhythm problems and implantation of the latest advanced arrhythmia devices.
Using three-dimensional recreation of the cardiac structure of interest, our team has continued to minimize the use of radiation in the curative ablation procedure. Despite minimal radiation use, the success rate, duration of procedure and complication rate has not been compromised. Most patients are able to go home the same day and return to normal activities quickly.
Our electrophysiology team provides:
- Consultation for rhythm disorders
- ECG recording services
- 12-lead electrocardiography
- Event recorders for unpredictable events
- 24-hour ambulatory Holter monitoring
- Implantable loop recorders
- Invasive electrophysiologic testing
- Transesophageal electrophysiologic (EP) study
- Intracardiac comprehensive EP study
- Catheter-based treatment of supraventricular or ventricular tachycardia
- Radiofrequency current and cryoablation
- 3D electroanatomic mapping for all invasive cases to reduce radiation exposure and improve accuracy for ablation procedures
- Pacemakers (transvenous or epicardial)
- Defibrillators (transvenous or epicardial)
- Genetic testing and consultations for patients with inherited arrhythmia syndromes
- Surgical maze procedures
Adult Congenital Cardiac Disease, Congenital Cardiac Disease, Electrophysiology, Pediatric CardiologyBloomington, Moline, Ottawa, Peoria, Rockford, Springfield, Urbana