Staying in the hospital can be tough for any age, but for kids, it means being away from family, friends and all the comforts of home including their favorite toys.
By purchasing a special gift from our Wish List , you’re giving a patient more than just a board game or a stuffed animal. You’re giving them the gift of home. And for these kids, the comforts of home make each day in the hospital a little easier.
Thank you for your continued support of the Pediatric Hematology Oncology department at OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois. Your gift helps ensure kids in the hospital get the playtime and enrichment they need to thrive.
In order to maintain a safe environment for our patients and their families, all donations must follow these guidelines:
- Due to infection control and allergies, all donations must be brand new, odor-free and in original packaging (tags attached is acceptable).
- All donations must be purchased within the last 3-6 months of drop-off date.
- No used toys of any kind will be accepted. This includes stuffed animals or toys that have been kept in storage or on display.
- No food or candy items will be accepted in any form of gift or goody bag.
- No VHS tapes will be accepted.
- No donations will be accepted that depict violence of any sort including toy weapons (guns, knives, swords, etc.), violent theming, or any other projectiles including foam or plastic bullets and arrows.
- No latex items will be accepted such as balloons, erasers, some balls, rubber bands, etc.
- Do not wrap your donation in gift wrapping paper or put in a gift bag. We need to be able to see the gift when it is being donated.
- For hand sewn items, please ensure all needles or pins are removed before donating.
Please contact us at (309) 624-4945 if you have any questions about donations or for more information on how to deliver donations.
You may also directly mail a donation to:
Pediatric Hematology Oncology
OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois
530 NE Glen Oak
Peoria, IL 61637