Mission and Goals
The mission of the Dietetic Internship Program is to provide innovative, high quality and high level of practice experiences to develop the conceptual and human skills for the qualified dietetic interns based on the ACEND Education Standards and reflecting the OSF mission, values, and goals.
Program Goals and Outcome Measures
The program reflects the needs of dietetic interns and prepares them for current practice and lifelong learning to become competent entry-level dietitians.
- 100% of the dietetic interns who complete the program achieve a rating of “2” or greater on the basic core competencies
- 100% of the dietetic interns who complete the program achieve a rating of “2” or greater for 100% of their emphasis core competencies
- At least 80% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- The program’s one year pass rate (graduates who pass the exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- Within 12 months of completing the program, 80% of the program graduates seeking employment will obtain a job in dietetics or related fields.
- 100% of the graduates indicate the internship prepared them for their first position.
- 100% of the employer surveys indicate that the current graduate was prepared for their first position
The program graduates will be able to adapt to the rapid changes of the healthcare environment and take the initiative to become self-motivated, self-directed, and self-evaluated lifelong learners through encouragement, motivation, and support from the preceptors, mentors and program director.
- 100% of the dietetic interns who graduate from the program will successfully complete the program within 18 months.
- 100% of the program graduates agree or strongly agree that the preceptors and program director provide encouragement, motivation, and support during the internship experience on the Final Program Evaluation, based on a mean of 4 or above.
- 100% of the program graduates agree or strongly agree the emphasis area challenged them to become a self-motivated, self-directed, and self-evaluated learner on the Final Program Evaluation based on a mean of 4 or above.
- 100% of the dietetic interns utilize a 4 step goal setting process to assist in planning their unique emphasis curriculum to meet their individual career goals and interests.
**Outcomes data available upon request.
I can't say enough good things about this hospital and internship program. I am thrilled to have returned for a clinical dietitian position five years later."
Angie Fisher, MS, RD, LD