Admission Requirements & Application Process
Thank you for your interest in the OSF Saint Francis Medical Center Dietetic Internship. The following information outlines our admission requirements and application process. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Ashley Simper at 309-655-2942.
- Bachelors degree or advanced degree from an accredited institution
- 2.8 overall GPA
- Minimum academic requirements established by ACEND
- DPD verification statement
- Limited to U.S. citizens or permanent residents or visa status
- Additional coursework in medical nutrition therapy is required when a degree has been completed five or more years prior to internship application.
- OSF Saint Francis Dietetic Internship Program utilizes the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org , e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2019. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Please include 3 references. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants must complete an application letter instead of a personal statement. The letter should be a professional typed letter in business format, limited to 1,000 words and states:
- Your reasons for applying to the OSF Saint Francis Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program.
- Your personal and professional goals.
- How your college coursework has prepared you for the dietetic workplace of the 21st century.
- Your strengths and areas of further development and how you will plan to extend your strengths and work on the areas that need further development.
- Description of a situation in which you have demonstrated teamwork, creativity and interpersonal interaction.
- Your preferred start date of June or October.
- In order to assure our program matches your needs, we may ask for a Skype interview during the third week of March. You will be contacted via phone or email to schedule an interview time. We will attempt to interview you during the times you indicated on your Skype Interview Preference sheet . Indicate three date and time preferences and upload the preference form into the supplemental section of your DICAS application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to
DICAS- Transcript Dept
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472
- Applicants must register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2019. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
- Submit a $30.00 nonrefundable application process fee, in the form of a money order or check, payable to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center. The application fee must be postmarked by February 15, 2019. Please mail in your application fee to:
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
Attn: Ashley Simper, Dietetic Internship Director
Food and Nutrition Services
530 NE Glen Oak Ave.
Peoria, IL 61637
After acceptance into the program, the applicant must complete the following:
- Applicants must call the program director within 24 hours of notification to accept. Please call during business hours (8:00 AM to 4:00 PM CST).
- Submit letter accepting the appointment, postmarked within 48 hours of the appointment date, and $40 registration fee payable to the OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
- Submit an official college transcript that shows receipt of baccalaureate or advanced degree.
- Submit a completed verification statement indicating compliance with current academic requirements by the ACEND.