Medical Exercise Program & Silver Sneakers
Medical Exercise Program
Registered nurses, exercise physiologists and a registered dietitian will assist and monitor you in this medically based exercise program. A customized plan will guide you down the road to a healthier life in a safe environment.
- Onsite registered nurses for emergency situations
- Blood pressure, heart rate and blood sugar checks (as needed)
- Lower level group exercise for beginners or those with complex health issues.
Please see Exercise Class Schedule.
- Exercise plans designed for you by an exercise physiologist
- One-on-one consultations with a registered dietitian
- Access to all RiverPlex amenities during program hours
- Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Silver Sneakers Program
OSF Wellness Services has contracted with supplemental insurance plans to provide memberships to people who qualify for Silver Sneakers.Silver Sneakers is an exercise program that many insurance companies will include as part of your covered benefits - meaning you can become a member of our Medical Exercise Program at no out-of-pocket cost to you.
If you have not received a Silver Sneakers Membership card in the mail, call your insurance company to find out if your plan includes Silver Sneakers. We are also contracted with ReNew Active.
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (2:15-3:15 p.m.)
Tuesday, Thursday (9-10 a.m.)
Location: RiverPlex Recreation and Wellness Center
Second Floor Aerobics Studio
Attend a new-member orientation session any Tuesday at 1:00 pm. Please arrive early to complete paperwork.
Bring your Silver Sneakers membership card OR insurance card to your orientation session.
All of our programs require physician's consent. Our team members will help you with this process when you come to one of our orientation sessions.
For more information call (309) 282-1600.