Parkinson's Exercise Program
This medically supervised program is specifically designed for individuals with Parkinson's disease and works to improve flexibility, endurance, balance, strength, and overall well-being. Classes accommodate all levels of fitness and are designed to focus on stretching muscles and increasing circulation while reducing spasticity in a fun, relaxing environment.
Fitness for Parkinson's
- Breathing exercises that focus on diaphragmatic techniques and postural awareness
- Stretching exercises to improve range of motion, rigidity and joint stiffness
- Balance exercises to promote postural core strength and fall prevention
- Strength exercises to promote independence in daily activities
- Movement exercises to improve body awareness, coordination, and motor control
- Education, group discussion and problem-solving
- Classes are 45 minutes in length, held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:15 a.m.
- Classes are included with a RiverPlex membership.
- If you are not a Riverplex member, you may purchase a 10-session punch card.
- Physician consent is required for this class. Our team can help you with this when you attend an orientation session.
- To sign up, simply attend an orientation session. Orientation sessions are held every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m.
- For more information call (309) 282-1600.